Saturday 3 October 2009

I've been neglecting my Blog

Hi,
I had such a busy last term, I actually didn't have time to learn about any new technologies.
I presented at two conferences on using web technologies and what was interesting about the second one is some of the key note speeches mentioned many of the technologies that I had already promoted but haven't quite made it to most classrooms.

So if you aren't using it here are 3 things you should start using in your classroom:

1. Ning - Create your own social network
2. VoiceThread - Create online conversations
3. Voki - Quick easy avatars.

I'll try and get back to blogging in November. My year 12s only have a few weeks left before their end of year exam and so I will be using the technologies more that writing about them.

Things I am using in the next few weeks:

- Second life (for year 9 Science we are actually using skoolaborate)
- Google maps
- Podcasting
- Vodcasting
- Chat
- Ning
- Scribblar
- Elluminate

Here is my Google Map of Hominids


View Hominin and Hominids in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment